Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Some Aggravating New Tricks

The Scene: National Guard Weekend, the living room, winding down for bedtime, feeding the girls.And then the boys disappear behind the couch, but I have a bottle in each hand, and the toddlers are quiet. I really just want to get the girls to sleep, so that I can get the boys to sleep, so that I can go stare at my coffee.And then they start giggling. This is cute because they are playing together for once. And then they emerge, very proud of themselves, without their pants. So lovely.These days the escape artists can take off their clothes at will, although we are working on how to get them back on--it is January after all. And, doors? Forget it. They are in and out and back forth. Childproofing through shoving everything behind a door is now over. Until we get some big baseball childproofing doorknobs that is.

No comments: