Monday, January 7, 2008

Please, No Coffee Snobs

So the best part of this National Guard weekend was by far....
Getting this package in the mail (and perhaps the discovery that The Incredibles NEVER gets old no matter how many times you watch it).
Yes. Benjamin was in his pajamas already when the mail got here on Saturday. What?It was as if Sarah had magically known what I would be needing this weekend. Because quickly snatched out of that box was my very own J&S Coffee (otherwise known as the Dukes' coffee shop).
And I lovingly lined them up on the counter next to my new [possessed (but that's another story)] coffee pot. Yes, I even arranged the fruit around them like an art school still-life. Yeah, yeah, we'll leave the art to Patric. What? Leave me my fun. And I stared at them. I considered making my very own pot of new coffee at 5 in the evening. I decided to wait. I took pictures. I walked away. I came back. Really, I'm so tired, the caffeine wouldn't really keep me up would it? I walked away. No, I'll get up early and go sit next to my Mother's Day bush in the yard. It will be a new day and a new pot of coffee, and I had a special moment planned just for me--even if it was for 4:30 in the morning.
And while they look like they both just shared a pot of coffee themselves, they acted even more like they had just shared a pot of coffee all night long--beginning at 10 in the evening and ending at 3:30 in the morning when every last what-could-it-be had been checked and the darlings were left to figure it out for themselves so that mom could get 2 hours of sleep please. Seriously, does anyone have an answer for the babies that flip themselves over, are perfectly capable of flipping themselves back over, refuse to and instead just lay there and scream during the night? I was lucky on Friday, they waited until 12:30 to start the show.
But I had my coffee as they slept-in after sucking down bottles at 6:00, and I got half an hour to shower and relax before the boys popped up. And I drank the WHOLE pot. And then I made another pot, and I have to say, that was excellent coffee that I shared with no one yesterday. Many thanks Sarah.

No comments: