Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankfully

Thanksgiving 2005
Bed rest.
I don't even remember that day.

Thanksgiving 2006
Nicholas had a fever.
I cooked an ambitious meal for my nearly one-year-olds.
Little did we know on that day the two additional blessings already headed our way.



Thanksgiving 2007
We made it out of the house that day to go on a walk.
I cooked; we diapered; we looked forward to the boys turning two.
We were blessed more than we had the coherence to realize.


Thanksgiving 2008

We road-tripped to St. Louis, to Kansas, to Nebraska.

We loaded diapers and sippy cups and prepared for car-sickness.

We were ambitious and exhausted but surrounded by friends and family.



Thanksgiving 2009

We took Ben took the emergency room.

I was so sick I felt I had been beaten.

We were facing Patric's imminent departure.

But, my parents were there and they put together a feast for everyone from our very thankfully donated meal from our Guardian Angel at church, who very quietly always makes sure we're taken care of.




Thanksgiving 2010

We're together, and we have planned nothing.
Our Guardian Angel filled our fridge again last night.

Thankfully.














2 comments:

Never Wear Tennis Shoes to the Dump said...

These are wunderbar! The babes are all so cute.

I forgot the size of the tummy on your petite frame, 5 years ago. I believe I said something about that in the St Jude parking lot one afternoon--where you should have decked me right then and there...

The Guardian Angel is one (?) amazing person.

The Dukes said...

Wow! Just, wow! I can't believe you 'technically' had four babies on your first Thanksgiving as a parent. You are amazing. I hope that it amazes even you, who have lived through it, when you look back on what all you've come through to get to the other side. To this low-key Thanksgiving where your husband is in the country and nobody needs a bottle!