Friday, November 19, 2010

Saturday Mornings

Perhaps because they are starting to be a bit more calm, I found myself convinced yesterday it was Friday, which would of course put me at the edge of a Saturday morning by the time I picked up the kids. When I did pick up the kids, I couldn't figure out why their happy-nappys weren't there to pick up (nap blankets for weekly wash over the weekend). Then I reminded myself that it was Thursday. Two seconds later, I was wondering aloud why Nicholas had homework for the weekend? Then I reminded myself it was Thursday. On the way out the door about 3 minutes later, I nearly asked out loud again why no happy nappys today? I caught myself and remembered it was Thursday. We got to the car 1 minute later and I out-loud took Friday McDonalds orders. Nicholas had to remind me that it wasn't Friday. Good grief.
Then this morning, Friday morning, three of my four children showed up lights blaring and loud in the living room playing some game with each other at 4:15 and again at 4:55. All I could think was, at least it's not Saturday morning.

5 comments:

Never Wear Tennis Shoes to the Dump said...

What number birthday is mom about to celebrate? Don't fret. It only gets worse. :-)

The Mighty Stuber Brood said...

I don't think celebrate is the right word there.

The Dukes said...

What in the world wakes them up so early? Are you putting them to bed at 6 after they finish their cocktails?! YIKES!

The Mighty Stuber Brood said...

Put them all to bed, stories, yadda, lights out 8:30-8:45 every night. Then EVERY.SINGLE.NIGHT they screw around until 10. So last night they got 6 hours of sleep. It can't be healthy.

Brian and Lori said...

...so I'm NOT the only one with 'Mommy Brain'