Thursday, October 21, 2010

Elaine

I have a series of about 20 pictures trying to get your attention, then trying to get you to smile for me.
You would hide when you could crawl; you stay behind the camera now.
You are dainty. More dainty than I think I am prepared for.
You hate to be a mess to the point of melting down.
You are the one that will not sleep now.
You will always wear a dress given the option.
You tell on yourself. It's cute. Last night you started chattering and the story was how good you were and how bad your friend Jayce was. Then you started to tell me about your descent on the good apple/bad apple chart. When I looked at you sternly, you laughed.
You go with the flow and join in when you want and don't when you're not in the mood, which is just as often.
Your technical skills are amazing. When my phone started to inexplicably play music in my purse the other day, I threw up my hands and gave it to you to shut off. And you did.
You're beginning to get over the 2's now, and it's fun girl.

3 comments:

Never Wear Tennis Shoes to the Dump said...

You have a girly-girl? Woohoo! A techie girly-girl is even better. One lucky momma.

The Dukes said...

I love that you have a girly girl and I can't wait to see what you do with her/she does with you because I, too, am a Mitchum Mom. :)

The Mighty Stuber Brood said...

Ah, I had forgotten that we seriously had that in common Dukes.