Monday, April 27, 2009

The Saturday Outing: Get There Early

The secret to a successful Saturday outing?
Get out of the house early and bring grandma and grandpa if you can.

We toted the stroller thinking the GIRLS would perhaps need a break.
These two wouldn't get out.


There was room at the zoo to ride and be carried everywhere.
But the weather was perfect.



Alida continues her fascination with all things fowl.
Certainly she is not my daughter.



I'd say the girls walked and the boys rode, but mostly the boys rode and the girls were carried.




Alida lingers chasing birds when she isn't carried





And when we were through at the zoo and driving away at 11:30 traffic was backed up out of the place to the city streets. We were off for hamburgers and nap refusal.







4 comments:

The Kings said...

Perfect day for the zoo. I know everyone had a great time!

Anna said...

Oh, the zoo! Every time you put a zoo post up, I say I need to go before it gets too hot. I haven't been in about 2 years. It looks like y'all had fun. It has been great zoo weather. Your kids are getting to the ages where they can enjoy it. So funny that Alida chases the birds. My mom says I used to chase the peacocks (back when they let them roam free) and one time one pecked me, so I finally left them alone. Kids are so funny. We miss y'all! Jenny and Georgia and I need to come visit soon!

The Dukes said...

We're hitting the zoo tomorrow, we have been inspired...

granny e said...

Who was at the zoo? Stubers, yea!!! Looks like a great, great time was had by all. AND very, very smart thinking, Mom, get there early and leave before the rush:)