Sunday, July 13, 2008

Thanks For A Good Weekend Guys

You helped me wash the sink. And, you refused to wear clothes most of the weekend, but it's hot and I don't blame you.
We got out for some water play. Nicholas you still won't let me take a picture without protest. What's up little man? And Benjamin, you simply refused to wear clothes, period. Well not period because you are suddenly obsessed with the dinosaur pool shoes I actually got for your brother. We put them on even in your pajamas Saturday night, but I made you take them off for bed. When I came up to get you Sunday morning you were sitting on the floor next to your shoes patiently waiting for me to help you put them back on. How long had you been up quietly waiting? You did allow me to dress you when we actually made it to church Sunday, which I thank you for. And even though you refused to wear any shoes but the dinasaur pool shoes, they did match your green pants, so off we went.
Alida, you slept all night both Saturday and Sunday, and you were only up once Friday night. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.And Elaine, I never would have guessed it, but when you got in that pool and fought for your place in line on the slide, well, I was just so proud of you. I even put on my own swimsuit for the first real time in 2 years so that I could catch you as you flew head first down that thing plunging into the water and coming up with the biggest smile and your face every single time. Thank you boys for only finding my squishy tummy interesting for a few moments and not dwelling on it.
And then you ate spaghetti like no one's business.
And Alida, once again, perhaps it's pasta that keeps you content at night.
Proud moment number two Elaine? When you started exerting your right to snatch stuff right out of everyone else's hands for a change. Way to go girl.
And then you just up and walked over and started snatching things everywhere. It is going to get a lot louder in this place now. And how on earth are we going to tell you two apart now that you seem to think walking is a good idea?

No comments: