Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Funny, Grumpy Valentines

Valentine's Eve: all ready to love on my kids in the morning and share sweet moments.
Muffins made before letting the maniacs out of their room this morning.
Give me, give me, give me. Choco, choco, choco.
A reminder from my own mother that I am no longer her special Valentine.
The King of Hearts demands more chocolate.
The guitar, skull shirt guy broke free this morning when I let him help me put the trash out. He took off in socks and T-shirt for the sandbox. It's February; it's cold. I had to carry wriggling, complaining child back inside for his own good. How do guitars and skulls relate to Valentine's Day? Beats me. There were 2 2T shirts on the rack that day, this was one of them. I only get one shot at most things these days.
The ladies are usually morning people, but they were a bit confused.
But, they warmed up. Dear Alida even gave me a smile.
And Elaine tested out her father's crooked smile for me briefly. Which was good because my crooked-smile Valentine husband had to leave at 4:00 this morning to attend a court date for one of his soldiers East of Nashville and then go to three separate disiplinary meetings for other soldiers. Our big plans for tonight? Draw straws over who gets to sleep downstairs.
Special Valentine Award goes to Alida. The Dukes sent this via their grandma. It seems that grandma got a box of school things from a retiring nun at one point and this little gem was inside the various things. Why does it go to Alida?
So she'll have proof one day that we did not just make up her name.

No comments: