Tuesday, August 8, 2006

In The Chute


We saw the pulmonologist yesterday. (By the way, I am a hefty 18 pounds and 12 ounces now.) The doctor said bronch-os-copy. Mom said invasive. Doctor said X-ray review. And it was settled. Apparently mom and dad have done everything they really can at this point. He said that if the X-ray looked okay, he was comfortable with seeing me again in 2 months to see if I have improved with the medicine I am currently taking. If anything was off on the X-ray, he was going to schedule the scope. There was talk of possible surgery. Mom told me to put that out of my head for now. I tried my best to be on good behavior. I didn't cough, I quit the raspy breathing, I smiled for everyone, and was generally "a very healthy little boy" according to the doctor. Mom said I made her look crazy. Well, she made me look crazy when she put me in the chute to have my X-ray. All I could do was look at her in wonderment as they clamped me in there, much like the poor little boy in the picture...except my little hands barely made it over the top of the chute.

No comments: