Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Ironing


Many years ago (like over 20), I received a harsh critique about how I ironed an Army uniform.  Harsh may be a little harsh a word, but I apparently took it that way. 

For a long time, he took out the uniforms and they came back so starched they stood on their own. 
Then they changed the uniform fabric, and you weren't to take them to be starched any more. 
Then the world continued its decent into casual, and ironing became a thing of the past. 

Then we had coronavirus and had all virtual meetings, and I'm not even sure folks wear pants any more.

And then, he had his first briefing to a four-star General.  I may have been laughing too hard at him actually ironing to take a clear picture.  Virtual or not, he was very presentable, and did an amazing job, of course.  And, I'm glad we're back to looking presentable. 

No comments: