Monday, June 1, 2020

Homeschooling

7th Grade. 
We really have been sticking to the homeschool assignments, and the kids have been doing amazing. Except for the part where Ben didn't realize the shop class, now called Tech Engineering, actually was carrying on where they left off with the bandsaw section....but we'll get caught up.  We have lots of tools around here that are plenty dangerous.
But when the girls had brand new content centered around descriptive statistics, plot and whisker graphs, means and MADs or medians and interquartile ranges, frustration set in for them.
So I've been spending an hour a day re-visiting some math that I think I didn't learn until graduate school. 
When Nick asked me what I knew about quadratic equations, I about fainted.

Nine days left until the end of the school year, and I find myself looking forward to it with the glee of a middle schooler...

No comments: