Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Poor Thing

 
Called me from school the other day because she wasn't feeling well.
I always ask: "Do you feel like you need to come  home?"
And she usually responds with some form of "I don't know. I'll probably be okay."
My usual response it to tell her to go to the nurse,  have her temperature taken, and rest for a while, and then call me if she is still feeling sick.  Usually, I never hear about it again.
This time, her response was: "I don't think you want me to come home, but I don't feel well."
I told her I'd be there as soon as I could.
Half an hour later as I pulled into the parking lot, her teacher texted to tell me she'd just thrown up in the classroom.  Then she threw up in the car.
Then she and I took a nap.
Then all was well. Sometimes, you just have to throw up and take a nap. 
 

No comments: