Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Dinner with the Brood

I brought them in for dinner the other night from playing outside.  Nicholas sat down and started inhaling things.  A couple of questions later, it came out that there was a friend "he hasn't seen in years" playing outside that he wants to get back.  So I told him to get out of my kitchen with his bad manners and go play, he could eat dinner later.  These other three jokers filled me in that this was Nicholas's old girlfriend that he hadn't seen in years, and he was going to marry her.
(Yes, Ben is raising his hand to talk.  This is not usual, neither is it usual that Elaine is eating, so we'll chalk it up to a strange night.)

Eventually they all traded places when the girl had to go home.  So Nicholas came in for dinner, and the other three tore out the door. 

Him: "Thanks mommy, for letting me play with my friend."
Me: "No problem sweetheart, sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.  What's her name?"
Him: "Oh, I don't remember, and I forgot to ask."
Me: "Okay.  Well if you plan to marry her, as your brother tells me you do, you'll probably want to find that out.  You'll also never land her if you eat with your knees above the table.  I'm just sayin'."
And down slid the knees.

1 comment:

The Dukes said...

I love this story. Can't wait to see Nick and No-name's prom pictures....