Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Kid 3: Elaine

 Elaine
Always close.


 She knew she was supposed to play on the rocks in the water.
You could tell she knew, she just didn't really want to get wet, or fall in, or be very far away.


 So she found a spot close by with lots of opportunity to hold on in the back and in the front.


And space to pause and take a break before the next step.

We had a frank talk this morning that you don't get to smile and ignore.  You believe at the moment that the rules don't apply to you really.  Do you know that  you are the only one that comes home from school with notes from the teacher?  You like to talk too much I hear, and you are developing a bit of a tendency to ignore what's being asked of you. 
I like to think of it as my training for having teenagers.  And I like to think that you and I will teach each other a lot along the way.



No comments: