Monday, November 5, 2012

Kid 1: Nicholas

 We five went to the park over the weekend.
Kid number 1, was off and on the rocks before the rest of us even arrived.


 Independent to a fault, he was always moving or out of picture range.
He assesses, he moves, he looks forward, and he takes in a place all in one motion it seems.


This was right before he dunked himself waist-high in the water.
He was delighted to have discovered how deep the water was. 

When Nicholas and I talk, we talk about how it is okay that we get frustrated with each other because we're so very different.  We talk about why I get so frustrated with his energy and his will because it seems to come at the price of taking in a whole picture or whole group at times.  We are opposite in this way--he goes swiftly, and I tend to hang back and watch. 

Nicholas is adventure, and yet he is capable of careful, focused attention when his heart is there.
He is willful, and I cannot wait to see where this life leads.

1 comment:

Mommy Jenny said...

I love all 4 of these posts! It's so fun for me to read about their personalities as they grow and compare them to when I knew them!