Thursday, May 10, 2012

Turns Out All of April Was Aggravating

Instead of selling the swing set.
We decided to move it.
Ourselves.

So, as I was watching Patric dismantle the slide, I wandered out and made the most stupid comment of the month:

"You know, I think we can just move this thing ourselves.  It's not that far."

We each got under a side of the hulking thing, and we started counting.
"One, two,..."
"Wait! On three or after three?"
"On three."
"Okay."
"Here we go."
"One, two, THREE!"

And Patric takes off across the yard with his half of this thing that I now hate like he's an 18-year-old boy.
I, on the other hand, feel like an 80-year-old woman as I lunge, my body going and the swing set staying.

"Wait!  Let's try again."

"One, two, THREE!"

And my hulk-like self starts to see the stake that is holding my side in the ground come loose from the dirt where it has lodged itself this past year, as Patric starts to essentially run circles around me with his side lifted lightly in his hands.  

And as I finally rip my side from the ground and begin to make some forward progress, he falls over with laughter.

Aggravating.

3 comments:

The Noltes said...

So funny! Love having a chuckle first thing in the morning!

The Dukes said...

Oh my. I would have laugh-cried for an hour. You poor thing. Why did the plan of strapping the whole thing up to Patric like an Ox from the beginning get taken off the table?

Brian and Lori said...

This scene made me laugh out loud...classic!