Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Benign, with some abnormalities

When we got back to the dermatologist's this morning, the nurse popped her head out to say hi, and then she explained that they weren't going to call us back until they were set up and ready for us since I had such a fit the other day. When we did get called back, the doctor was already in the room waiting for us. She explained that she had taken off her white coat so that it didn't freak me out.The doctor explained that the mole was benign, but it did have some abnormal characteristics. However, she explained that the abnormalities turned out to be inconsequential 99 percent of the time. She recommended that we keep an eye out for any regrowth and even if it came back to watch it for a month or months before coming back.After, I got shark chews to go with my shark shirt that I'm wearing in honor of shark week on Discovery Channel...you all are watching right?

No comments: