Thursday, February 1, 2007

I Thought That Was A Dinosaur


When we were at the pulmonologist's the other day, I thought I was doing really well when he said that I sounded like a healthy, clear little boy. Mom mumbled something about sounding crazy, but I just smiled. When the doctor left the room, I finally had a chance to cough. It didn't take long before he came back in, said he heard that, and started talking about a dinosaur. Then he gave me a plastic lizard to play with. Later, I heard mom talking to dad about the dinosaur, only it didn't sound like a dinosaur. I am scheduled for a bronchoscopy on February 13th now, and mom said it would look something like the picture above, not a dinosaur. On her sheet, it says that, "Your child must have an empty stomach to undergo this procedure. Please stop your child's solid foods, milk and formula at 6:15, the morning of the procedure. This includes chewing gum and eating hard candy. Your child may have clear liquids to drink from 6:15 a.m. to 10:15 a.m. the morning of the procedure. Do not allow your child to drink anything after 10:15 a.m. " Do they know that we aren't even scheduled until 1:00 in the afternoon? This is crazy! And hey, what is chewing gum?

No comments: