Monday, April 23, 2018

Dear Book Club Leader

 
When the girls returned from their 5th grade class with a sign-up sheet for a lunchtime short-story book club focusing on the genres of horror and humor and meeting once a week this last semester, I was quite skeptical about how that would go.
 
I was so incredibly wrong.

The girls LOVED the class, entirely. When we talked about it last night, they first said they both loved the horror portion the best. When I said, really?! What about the “woodsen” with Brian Regan? Then they both said, oh, yeah! We loved the comedy portion the best! (In our house, we laughed our heads off at that.) So, it is safe to say, they both enjoyed the entire course. Their favorite story both was Mr. Shockey, and The Lottery made a big impression. 

I found myself looking forward to the updates from the teacher every week, just to read about what they were reading and how they were doing it. She was infectious. It is rare that I go out of my way to write a true thank you letter. I did this time.
 

No comments: