Monday, July 23, 2012

Happy Fifth Birthday Girls

 So for some mommy reason, I've been telling them they have to be five before going off the diving board.
Dutifully, I spent the day with them last Thursday, and we headed for the pool.
Alida is not one to hesitate.


 Elaine had to consider a little while.


 So Alida lapped her.


 And Elaine considered.


 And Alida added a little bounce.


 And Elaine asked a few questions, such as,
"What if I sink?"


 And Alida did a belly flop.


 And Elaine was even exasperated at her own self.




 And Alida, undeterred by the pain of the belly flop, just started flinging herself into the pool.


And Elaine finally summoned her courage and went.

And there we were for two hours, off the board, to the side of the pool, off the board, and on and on.

2 comments:

Mommy Jenny said...

I'm sorry, 5!? Weren't they just turning 2 with a cute little tea party!?
There are several things that I told Georgia she has to be 4 to do- because 4 seemed so far away. Now it's just a few short months away. I'm gonna be busy on her fourth birthday!
Happy birthday, girls! Enjoy that diving board!

The Dukes said...

This is HILARIOUS. I LOVE the picture where she is even exasperated with her own self. Adorable. They are both absolutely adorable.