Tuesday, December 20, 2011

All I Want for Christmas

From the boy who asked to go to Red Lobster for his birthday dinner, I get the following:
"Mommy, can I have a DSi with Legos Batman for Christmas?   Please, please, please, mommy?!"

"Well, Nicholas.  Santa is coming. Let's see what he brings."

Hedging his bets, he replies: "Yeah mom, but you and dad get us presents too. You could get it for me. Pleeeeeease?"
(big smile for effect)

And so is the first year of real wants in the Stuber household, along with lawyerly arguments for such wants.

1 comment:

The Dukes said...

Can't wait to see what Santa brings! We got some flak last year for the Santa gifts not being wrapped. I should say we heard a lot from the peanut gallery about how "surprised" they were that they gifts weren't wrapped from him, that it just wasn't what they had expected...at all...etc... Off we go to the basement to wrap gifts in the dead of night now! Kids and their opinions!